Saturday 12 January 2013

MUA Bronzed Perfection


I've mentioned before on my blog that in many ways I am very much a make up newbie. I would definitely describe 2012 as the year I properly 'discovered' make up, so you're all sort of joining me on my make up journey. Okay so that was lame, but moving on!

I don't think there is a massive selection of high street bronzers. I know the Bourjois chocolate bronzer (I don't think anyone calls it by the full name) is a favourite amongst many people, but even though it's pretty affordable at around the £8 mark I still didn't want to pay that much for a product that might not get used. For all I knew I may decide bronzers aren't my thing - thus product and money wasted. I'd seen in one of Fleur De Force's Get Ready With Me videos that she used this MUA bronzer. I'm sure you all know I have a certain soft spot for MUA so I thought I'd give it a go.

I was a little bit scared to use this, I don't want to end up looking like a pumpkin. However I found this it very easy to use. The powder is very soft and so blends well. It suits my skin tone well, even in the depths of winter, and isn't orangey. In the pan it does look a little shimmery, but that disappears completely once applied. I've found I like to use the Real Techniques contour brush to run it under my cheek bones to give some much needed shape to my face. I then use the buffing brush of the same collection to blend it all out nice and softly.  MUA is always good value for money but this is insane. You can see how massive the product is in my hand, you get a whopping 15g of product for £3.


You can pick up Bronzed Perfection from Superdrug, or direct from MUA here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I haven't tried this yet! Im a big fan of MUA makeup :) their eyeshaddow palletes are fab! ... ill have to try this :) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word it's massive! 15g for £8 that is a bargain. Nice that it's not too dark so perfect for contouring, seems hard to find in drugstore bronzers x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing a lot of good things about MUA lately, especially the eyeshadows. Great review! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay huge bronzer! hihi im a new follower =) hope you could follow back at my blog also

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting lovelies!