Thursday 13 September 2012

Rimmel Blush: Santa Rose

I'm very much a blush newbie. I have quite red cheeks so previously I've always stayed away from any sort of blush, wanting to take colour out of my cheeks rather than add it back in. Now I use a fuller coverage foundation (Revlon Colorstay for those interested) I can take out some of the the redness in my face. At first I thought this was a good thing, but now I think I need to bring back in some subtle colour and warmth to my face. Into the foray of blusher I go!




I've heard a few reviews about this Rimmel blush. It was quite inexpensive, and seemed pretty reasonable so I gave it a try. After a few weeks giving a go, I just don't think it's for me. It's a great product, but just not me. 

(I apologise for the odd angle and shadow, it was the best way to get an accurate representation of the colour!)
It has an okay pigmentation,  I did have to swatch quite hard to get the opaqueness shown above. In the pan it looks a little shimmery, but when swatched in Superdrug none of the shimmer seemed to show through. Sadly this isn't the case when applied, it is quite glittery. I am much more fond of matte blushes (the whole oily skin thing, I'm sure you're all sick of me mentioning it). On much paler skin I think this blush may work, but on me it just turns out with no colour and all glitter.

The packaging is pretty good for the price (somewhere in the region of £3.00, correct me if I'm wrong!). It is simple but strong, sturdy and slim. Perfect for travelling.

In summation, if you are pale, definitely give this a go! I think this may be one of the products that sits at the back of the draw unused, not because it's bad, but because it's just not for me. Maybe I'll give some of the darker colours ago.

Let me know what you think of the Rimmel blushes! Any colour recommendations, leave them below!

NB: I haven't been posting that frequently lately (not that I was brilliant before!) due to having started college. I have quite a lot of work and have to travel a lot which doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging! On Thursdays I finish early so I'm trying to post then. Hopefully I'll be able to do a few more posts than just that, but if I have a schedule I know at least one blog post will go up a week. I hope if you're back at school/college/uni then you're not getting too bogged down with work!

Abbie

5 comments:

  1. hellooo!
    i'm the same as you, with the red cheeks so once i have foundation on i still try to avoid pinks/reds instead i opt for peach colours, or i even have an orangey toned bronzer from beauty uk which i use as a blusher.
    anyway, i'm now your newest follower, i hope you'll come and say hi, it'd be lovely to hear from you :)
    laura xx
    http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! I also like using peach blushes, it's much nicer on my skin!

      Delete
  2. Pretty colour :) might give it a try x

    www.nthxdegree.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard great things of things about the Rimmel blushes, too bad this did not work out for you

    http://confessionsofacanadianwallflower.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a lovely shade!

    really like your blog too, btw :)

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting lovelies!