Tuesday 21 August 2012

Sleek Storm Palette


Sometimes when a certain product gains popularity in the blogging community, after the hype dies down the product is forgotten and left in the back of the draw. I want to remind you of the Sleek Storm palette! Quite a while ago it did some rounds on the blogs, back when I was first getting properly into make up. I didn't purchase it, but a month or so ago when in Superdrug I spotted it on the shelves and remembered it's moment of fame and decided to give it a go. Oh my. Since then it has pretty much been the only eyeshadows I use.

 For my everyday make up I can never be too bothered with playing around for ten minutes with different shadows in different places, so I just normally use a light shimmery lid colour, a matte brown through the crease and a highlight in the inner corner, and occasionally the brow bone. This being my everyday look you can see the palette is perfect for me.



The sleek, black packaging is simple and easy to store. The large mirror is incredibly handy as well, so overall a good palette to travel with. It also came with a sponge applicator, which went straight in the bin. The colours are just gorgeous. The top row of shadows are well suited to daytime, and the bottom row are more dramatic, suited to a night out. You can make a whole host of looks using this palette, it is just so versatile. 


Now here come the swatches! (All photos were taken with flash, as this showed the colours most accurately) 





All of the shimmery shadows are buttery smooth and very pigmented. As normal, the matte ones aren't quite as pigmented. The brown shadows are the worst, but are still completely workable. The black however, is one of the blackest, strongest eyeshadows I've ever used! The palette is £7.99 for twelve shadows which is incredible value.

Have you tried any of the Sleek palettes?

Abbie



2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I've never tried any of their palettes. I'm a new follower! I'd love if you'd check out my blog and follow back if you'd like! xx
    Beauty by T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like sleek palettes, they always seem very pigmented

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting lovelies!